Happy Friday! I thought I’d do a really silly post after the more serious one earlier.
If you’ve been around here for any amount of time, you know that Dave and I really really love our cats. Somehow theses two fur beasts have become seriously important part of our little family. We miss them on vacation, we narrate the world through their eyes, and they make our house even more of a home.
We acknowledge the hassle, mess and inconvenience they add to our life, but the joy and love they bring far outweighs any of the cons.
I thought I might share some of their antics, since they have us cracking up on the daily with their goofiness. If this one of those “only funny to the story teller” moments, please laugh politely or quietly inch out of the room and let me live in happy ignorance of how crazy we really are. Thanks and here goes:
- Both Ellie and Fritz enjoy stealing random items to use as toys. Some of the weirdest stolen good have been: a baby potato, plastic bags, buttons and especially boxes, even boxes only their head would fit in.
- Fritz’s enjoyment of splashing and standing and dipping everything in his water dish has won him a half raccoon standing in our home.
- I recently set up a large desk in our 2nd bedroom and Ellie has claimed a good portion of it for herself so she can watch me work… and munch on my succulents. She pretends to be aloof, but I’m pretty sure she secretly likes me.
- Fritz has always had weird tastes, but recently he has gone crazy for lettuce. In the same way a dog begs for a sliver of steak, Fritz will meow and ask for lettuce when I’m washing it. He comes running at the first sound of leaves being torn.
- Since Fritz’s tail was amputated and he only has a little nub, his balance and jumping skills are a bit off. Ellie — being the typical mean older sister — uses that to her advantage and retreats to high places Fritz can’t reach. Recently, she’s starting getting on our fridge and cabinets in the kitchen.
- When we visited Dave’s parents for his Grandpa’s memorial and brought the cats, I didn’t realize how attached they are to us specifically. Even though they had a house 4 times the size of our home to roam, they always came back to our room. And the whole weekend, they showed obvious preference to cuddle with Dave and I. I think they do like us, even if it isn’t as much as we like them.
Thanks for sticking with me through my crazy cat lady ramblings. Have a wonderful and cozy weekend!