I explained why I put effort into shopping from socially responsible companies and the heart change that led to that in my last post. But I know that leaves the challenge of actually doing it in everyday life. Here are the results of my research so far. I’m no where near where I want to be, but if I can give you a head start by sharing what I’ve learned then it’ll be even more worth it.
- I created a bookmark in my browser to collect companies I like as I come across them.
- Use this little chart to help make purchase decisions:
3. I've collected this list of companies. My own Ethical Shopping Encyclopedia.
4. Furter resources:
- The Good Trade a community, blog, and more centered around responsible shopping
- Life+Style+Justice Ethical Shopping huge list of where to get items for men and women
- Free State a growing resource to find ethical shopping option
- U.S. Department of Labor’s List of Goods Produced by Child Labor or Forced Labor
- Slavery Footprint
- Free2Work grades assigned to specific companies